I've read that essay before ^_^

I keep wondering how the hell he got a pass for that ^_^

Dracos

Public school standards, of course.

amusing link Zenthor.  Though I don't think he was high enough =p

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

As time permits I like to cruise around other fanfiction forums to see how my regular Addventure writers are faring elsewhere.

Search for "#610", and proceed from there.

Well, I always appreciate honest evaluations of my moderation. Here's the thing they're talking about.

Quote from: "Questara"(KLSymph's) stories are technically correct, but his stories lack soul in my opinion.

I also like honest feedback, and while I hardly consider myself a very vibrant writer, given this very vague criticism I can't help but read over Warringer's material again and wonder what exactly he has that I apparently don't.

Zenthor

QuoteAnd a very big one at theat refuses to listen. I tried to explain to him that I'm a disabled adult child. That's PC speak that means, I'm Autistic.

AND THE BASTARD HAD THE GALL TO CALL ME LAZY SAID I WAS MAKING EXCUSES FOR MY LACK OF PUNCUATION SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus titty fucking Christo, what the hell is with these autistic dipshits who think they're special enough to avoid using correct grammar because they're mildly retarded?

Fucking shit, stop making excuses for yourselves.  I know autistic kids online who use correct grammar and even say something coherent (if it does take them a while).  You're not fucking special, you're an asshole using a slight disability to excuse yourself from having to act like an intelligent person.

Fucking bunch of a-wads.  (Can you tell I've had to deal with these people before?  Yeah.)
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Edward

Quote from: "KLSymph"
Quote from: "Questara"(KLSymph's) stories are technically correct, but his stories lack soul in my opinion.

I also like honest feedback, and while I hardly consider myself a very vibrant writer, given this very vague criticism I can't help but read over Warringer's material again and wonder what exactly he has that I apparently don't.

The desire to spend his time whining instead of improving his work  ;)
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

KLSymph

It is a good day for cruising other forums! Been a while since I went to the Anifics one. The saga takes place there too, apparently:

http://anifics.com/forums/index.php?webtag=FANFIC&msg=1052.5 (may require logging on first)

Quote from: "Zenthor"Jesus titty fucking Christo, what the hell is with these autistic dipshits who think they're special enough to avoid using correct grammar because they're mildly retarded?

I don't have the personal experience with autism to correctly identify it, but I find it interesting that everyone I've known to use this excuse has some variant of autism (or other medical problem) that makes the victim look exactly like a regular person who can't write error-free English.

Quote from: "Edward"The desire to spend his time whining instead of improving his work ;)

I think it's perhaps more "friends who tell him he doesn't need to improve". I wish people wouldn't do that so much.

Zenthor

I don't have the personal experience with autism to correctly identify it, but I find it interesting that everyone I've known to use this excuse has some variant of autism (or other medical problem) that makes the victim look exactly like a regular person who can't write error-free English.

That'd be because no form of Autism (at least, ones males can experience, Rett's Syndrome may do this), does nothing to physical characteristics.  The form this guy probably has (Aspergers, since I believe that's the most common) is characterized as such:

Quote* Abnormal nonverbal communication, such as problems with eye contact, facial expressions, body postures, or gestures.
   * Failure to develop peer relationships.
   * Scapegoating by other children as "weird" or "strange".
   * Lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests or achievements with other people (e.g., by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people).
   * Markedly impaired expression of pleasure in other people's happiness.
   * Inability to return social or emotional feelings.
   * Inflexible about changes in specific routines or rituals.
   * Repetitive finger flapping, twisting, or whole body movements.
   * Preoccupation with restricted areas of interest (unusually narrow or unusually intense). Some examples are obsession with train schedules, phone books, stamp collecting, or other collections of objects.
   * Preoccupation with parts of whole objects.
   * Repetitive behaviors, including repetitive self-injurious behavior.
   * There is no general delay in language.
   * There is no delay in cognitive development, or in the development of age-appropriate self-help skills or in curiosity about the environment.

So all it does is make thim incredibly anti-social and twitchy, usually.  Note the two at the bottom.

The bottom two are why I really, really fucking HATE fools who try to use that as an excuse to not be intelligent.

They're whiny scum who thinks that a behavioural difference allows them to be total dumbasses.

(On the chance that he doesn't have AS, the other forms don't do what these wads claim either -- PDD is pretty much when you're bad enough to have it but not have AS, RS, or CDD; RS or Rett's Syndrome is only found in females to begin with, and CDD (Child Disintegrative disorder) is merely them losing certain behavioural capabilities after the first couple years of development.)

I know too damn much about autism.  Way more than I ever wanted to know.  Fucking idiots, making me learn pointless shit so I can bitch at/about them.
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Brian

Since this is being thrown out there, I'm going to throw out that I am mildly autistic myself.  Yeah, I have social issues.

This doesn't affect my ability to grasp the English language (in fact, it may effect it -- what do you know? ;).  Admittedly, I also deal with mild psychosis and require semi-regular mood-stabalizers.

I'd like to point out that the only time I have ever used my own mental issues as a defense to criticism in fanfiction was when I admitted that I didn't grasp how some social interactions worked.  Namely, how Tsunami's mother treated her in PoE.  (Mr. Sommer may remember this.)

So anyone who's hiding behind this excuse most likely doesn't have autism as I recognize it.  Just ADD, which (IMNSHO) is kind of a BS mental disorder that anyone can claim to have.  (I remember the mid-90s, when it seemed almost everyone was being prescribed Ritalin.)  It works out to: "I'm too lazy to bother improving, but I want the positive feedback anyway."

I've got a zero-sympathy count on this one for everyone but KL, who it seems to me was maligned by yet another prima-donnist fanfictioneer.

Then again, it is just fanfiction, so I guess it's not worth getting worked up over.  Ho-hum.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

I have ADD.  I have met (and indeed have had brutal physical encounters with) people who have ADHD.  It is real, even if it's been much maligned by the notion of two cent pediatrics or psychologists who don't have either the equipment or the tools or the right to diagnosis it properly diagnosing it in thousands of trouble students and just proceeding to drug them up.  Obviously, neither of those two categories of doctor/worker are suitable for such and usually in such cases it makes a trouble student worse (it's a decently nasty medicine as well in side effects anyway).  It's like a bunch of foot doctors suddenly telling everyone they have heart disease.  It muddies the waters extremely.  As might be guessed, ADD and even ADHD is not remotely an excuse for pathetic English skills.  The latter and more well known case is unlikely to sit and write fanfiction on a computer anyway.
If you've ever met an actual case of ADHD, these folks can usually barely sit down.  They tend to be all over the place constantly moving and doing different things unless medicated.  They often have trouble with consequences if only because they're so hyperactive, they don't think of the consequences until long after they've acted.  Once on the medicine, they're significantly calmer.
ADD actually tends to be quiet calm in comparison.  These folks generally are more quiet as younger kids tending towards constant day dreaming.  Folks tend to alternate between daydreaming, absurd multitasking (I have about 25 windows open at the time I'm doing this and rarely go below 20 as it makes my mind feel better to be regularly switching what I'm doing), and hyper focusing to concentrate at all (brief periods of heavy concentration on on thing).  Medicine, in my case, tends to leave them more in the last case pretty much all the time, which is great for school work and also great for noticing 'hey I'm talking too much' or some other thing.  More of a slowing effect really.  Anyhow, I eventually stopped taking it as the random/daydreaming way I thought off it was significantly better for the creating of games/random ideas and I used maturity to compensate for my tendancy to switch attention rapidly elsewhere.  Mostly anyway.  I'll still answer in a given class ten queries to everyone elses one, usually without realizing I'm doing so.

Again though, neither condition involves having issues with communicating in English.  The initial learning may take more time due to a lack of concentrating on it, but at the same time, it also tends to be linked usually with higher intelligence (correlation that I'm not sure has been proven yet), which doesn't tend to go that way.

And that's the random info dump of the day. =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

Quote from: "Brian"I've got a zero-sympathy count on this one for everyone but KL, who it seems to me was maligned by yet another prima-donnist fanfictioneer.

Interestingly enough, Raneko and Warringer were rather polite and subdued about all of this on the Addventure. And I don't remember that Raneko ever made this accusation (the calling him lazy thing) to my face or where I would presumably easily see it, probably because what I accused him of being lazy about was different than what he says; naturally, I don't call people lazy on whether they can write correctly, I call them lazy when they don't work hard to fix their mistakes, and I measure that not by how many errors they fix, but by how quickly they give up when they fail. But then, Warringer thought I banned him for grammar errors when the more obvious problem was his long-running habit of completely ignoring moderator requests. Grasping the point never did seem to be their thing.

Edit: proofreading.

Brian

We're not leaving them with much to go by.  I hereby diagnose Warringer with chronic stupid.  It's incurable, unless treated quickly with fire, and lots of it.

Edit: Also, that last post wasn't meant to be derisive to anyone who actually does suffer from a mental disorder; there does seem to be a disproportionately large segment of the population that claims to have something which they don't.  (For more information on this, I recommend a book by the title of, "Hello, I'm: Special" in your Current Events section.)  Dracos is right, though; a doctor diagnosed my brothers with ADD, and then simply assumed that since we were related, I would have it as well.  Some professionals aren't terribly professional.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

KLSymph

Quote from: "Brian"I hereby diagnose Warringer with chronic stupid.

Allow me to take this moment to advertise his newly updated Addventure.

Edward

Quote from: "Edward"The desire to spend his time whining instead of improving his work ;)

I think it's perhaps more "friends who tell him he doesn't need to improve". I wish people wouldn't do that so much.

That's not a friend.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Kwokinator

This is an amusing new Weird Al video I just discovered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBGODdzzVw

"White and Nerdy", parodying Chamillionaire's "Ridin' Dirty".  He actually has a good flow ^_^

Dracos

Saw that.  Was funny.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.