Evening game: Planar hijinks!

Started by Anastasia, August 28, 2009, 01:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

System: D&D 3.5.
Number of players: 1-3
Power level: Either low/mid or very high(Epic), to be determined and open to imput.
Times: Once/twice a week on days to be determined, from roughly 10 30 PM EST to 2 30 AM EST.

Info: The planes can be a lot of fun. If you're familiar with Planescape you know things can get wild there. I'd like to try my hand at it and have some fun. This would be focused around a group of planar explorers(By choice or by circumstance) and all the shenanigans this leads to.  The Manual of the Planes from 3.0 is the main reference I'm going to use here. Despite being Planar, I will -not- be using Planescape or Sigil. I like the planes but I strongly dislike all of that. No Lady of Pain, no Sigil, no overdone cockney slang. The rest of the planar structure will be more or less intact.

There's more I can go into, but how does this concept grab you so far? Any takers? I'll get into the nitty-gritty after this if I get some pokes of interest.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Now wot?  You means ta say we can't do bad accents and be counted as cutters for it?

:P

Mmm, 7:30 to 11:30.  Amazingly my time.  I like that.

I haven't read the manual of the planes in ages, might 'ave to again.  But frankly, the planes are  OuT tHERe.  And what's a fellow to do if they don't greet their neighbors?

Certainly not going to put together the Planeswalker's Guide to the Planes,  Revised edition.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Can I take that as a sign of interest, Drac?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Laggy also wishes to express that he's a possible, he's too lazy to sign into SR. Lazy Laggy.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I'd be a bit interested, but it starts running a little late for me. Sorry. =/
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 28, 2009, 01:50:43 AM
I'd be a bit interested, but it starts running a little late for me. Sorry. =/

Ah well, was worth a shot. I was hoping 9 30 CST was good enough to snare you in.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

Hmm. I might be able and interested, if it's only 1/week and it falls on Mon-Thurs.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Zephyrus

I might be interested as well. The late night slot works well for me. I'll still fairly new to tabletops and I relish the chance to learn more. Merc's a buddy of mine and suggested this game.

Anastasia

Quote from: Zephyrus on August 28, 2009, 02:20:12 AM
I might be interested as well. The late night slot works well for me. I'll still fairly new to tabletops and I relish the chance to learn more. Merc's a buddy of mine and suggested this game.

Sure thing, I have no problems with a new person. How much experience do you have with tabletop gaming?
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

Quote from: Anastasia on August 28, 2009, 02:21:20 AM
Quote from: Zephyrus on August 28, 2009, 02:20:12 AM

Sure thing, I have no problems with a new person. How much experience do you have with tabletop gaming?

I'm actually currently running two different games with the same group of friends, Merc included. Attendance is sporadic due to differing timezones and schedule conflicts. I'm adept at the RP part, but not so much at the numbers part. I just roll what I'm told to and hope I don't suck at it. Currently running Unknown Armies and All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

Anastasia

Quote from: Zephyrus on August 28, 2009, 02:25:01 AM
I'm actually currently running two different games with the same group of friends, Merc included. Attendance is sporadic due to differing timezones and schedule conflicts. I'm adept at the RP part, but not so much at the numbers part. I just roll what I'm told to and hope I don't suck at it. Currently running Unknown Armies and All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

Okay, that's fine.  We can help you out with your character and learn the system.  If you're interested you're welcome to give it a shot.
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

Quote from: Anastasia on August 28, 2009, 02:27:49 AM
Quote from: Zephyrus on August 28, 2009, 02:25:01 AM

Okay, that's fine.  We can help you out with your character and learn the system.  If you're interested you're welcome to give it a shot.

Sure. Why not? I've been interested in running a D&D game since I got into tabletops. If you don't mind my noobieness, I'll be glad to try.

Anastasia

Okay. I have a handful of interested parties so far. I'm going to leave this open a day or two to see if this gathers any moss then I'll see where we're at. I'll spread word around to the relevant parties then.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I think weekends are better for me, but that's kind of a small distinction really given the time bracket.  Only risk is my occassional 'oh, it's 7:xx pm...I probably should've headed home by now' ^^;
Well, Goodbye.